About Us

Marc and I have been married since October 14, 2005. We dated 4 years before taking the plunge! On December 14, 2007 we were blessed with our little girl Abigail (Abby). She weighed a healthy 8lbs 15ounces. She came a week before her due date. (I was induced) She is a sassy 4 year old and always keeps us laughing. On September 9, 2011 our sweet baby boy, Matthew, arrived weighing an even healthier 9 lbs 6 oz. We also have a dog (Layla) and a cat (Sissy). We moved into a new home in North Phoenix in May of 2007. It was so fun to watch the progress of it being built. Hard to believe we have already lived here 4 years. We are still changing paint colors on the walls! The picture above is from our trip to Kauai in 2006 for our one year wedding anniversary. Can't wait to go back again someday when the kiddos are a little older! I started this fun little blog so friends and family can stay updated on what is going on with us (since I am so horrible about making phone calls and sending e-mails). Hope you enjoy!



...............................................................................................

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

................................................................................

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pain in the Butt

It is official. Giving birth to Abby was a huge pain in the butt, literally. After my epidural wore off I was in extreme pain in the tailbone region. I could barely move for about a month afterwards. At my 6 week check up my OB said that it was possible that my tailbone was broken or fractured during the birth.
It has been almost a year and I still have a lot of pain in tailbone, especially when sitting for more than a few minutes and when going from sitting to standing. I went to the Dr. this week and had x-rays done. It appears that my tailbone was broken and now a cyst has grown there from the trauma.

There is not a whole lot I can do about it. The Dr. recommended starting with some physical therapy to see if it helps. If not the next step would be an injection with a large needle. If that doesn't work surgery would be a possibility but they go in through the rectum and that doesn't sound like too much fun to me.
This is a picture of a tailbone. The very bottom part is where the break occurred. The end of my tailbone now curves the other way from the break. I guess that is what the 9 lbs of baby can do to you.....

I have dealt with the pain this long and I will probably continue to just deal with it. However, it does make me sad to know that if I were to get pregnant again I would probably have to opt for a c-section in order to avoid further injury to the tailbone.

1 comment: